Networks: From Local to Worldwide
Networking is one of the most important areas in information technology, and a thrust area for the customer services business unit. CMC's networking group offers development, consultancy, training and technical support in networking and communications.
CMC supplies networking equipment, designs LANs and WANs, installs cables and performs other services for its customers.
CMC provides consultancy for design and implementation of enterprise networks and management solutions.
IT security consultancy
We offer IT security consultancy services, which include security policy designing, business continuity planning, security audit, vulnerability assessment, and server hardening.
Supply, installation and commissioning
Its partnership with industry leaders in networking — OEMs such as Cisco — enables CMC to provide top-of-the-line networking solutions to its customers. CMC is the authorised systems integrator for these products.
Customers are provided a one-stop solution for networking equipment supply, commissioning and ongoing service support. CMC covers the complete spectrum of network setup, including structured cabling, LAN set-up and WAN set-up.
We offer enterprise management services for management and monitoring of all network components such as servers, network hardware, WAN links, etc.
Communication software development
CMC's R&D centre, situated at Hyderabad, has always been active in developing networking solutions for the Indian market. These include the X.400-based messaging system, the X.25 PAD, a TCP / IP network terminal server, a packet radio modem, a GPS-based vehicle tracking system, firewalls and an intrusion detection system.
- Strong client base
- Successful track record for many years
- Countrywide support: over 100 locations across India
- More then 500 expert network professionals
- Certified in various aspects of networking, like network design, implementation and support, enterprise management, firewalls, information security, etc.
- Alliances with industry leading OEMs to provide international standard solutions and services to its customers
Indicative client list
- Andhra Pradesh Secretariat
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- National Aluminium Co (NALCO)
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC
- Cochin Port Trust
Wide area networks (WANs)
- Instutute for Development of Research in Banking (IDRBT)
- Bank of India (BoI)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Maharashtra Public Works Department (PWD)
- Andhra Bank
- United Western Bank (UWB)
- LG Polymers
- Department of Telecom (DoT) / Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL)
- Indian Navy
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO)
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL)
- IDRBT (VSAT network)
- Madhya Pradesh Treasury
- AP state videoconferencing network
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
Network audit and security services
- Security audit for a large insurance company
- Public key infrastructure (PKI) consultancy for the National Informatics Centre (NIC), New Delhi
- Security audit for small scale industries
- Security policy design and consultancy for the Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad
- Security policy design for Indian Overseas Bank, Chennai
- Security policy design for Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), Bangalore
- Security audit for Neyveli Lignite Corporation
- Network audit for the Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) refinery, Mumbai
- Network audit for the Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) refinery, Mumbai
- Network Audit for Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M), Mumbai
- Network Audit for Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Ltd (TNPL), Chennai
Major networking projects
- Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd (IPCL), Gandhar: Campus-wide network spread over 24 blocks and 9 km. A switched network using a 100-mbps optic fibre backbone. It is suitable for a fibre distributed data interface (FDDI) or asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) in the future. The 200 nodes are managed by a network management system.
- Mazagon Docks, Mumbai: Campus-wide networking using 2 km of fibre optic cable with 100 mbps full-duplex connectivity across 10 locations.
- Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta: Campus-wide network using Cabletron and CISCO equipment.
- Lubrizol, Mumbai: Campus-wide enterprise network to run an enterprise resource planning (ERP) application network, which spans 5 km of fibre optic cable.
- Department of Electronics, New Delhi: Provided a turnkey networking solution. It included tender evaluation, selection, procurement and supply of networking equipment with five switches and a 100-mbps backbone for 660 nodes.
- Center for the Development of Telematics, New Delhi: A complete network solution, including structured cabling for 440 nodes.
- Indian Oil Corporation: Networking with cabling using Tyco's AMP connectors and Haystack switches