Tribal Welfare Information Management
TWIMS is an integrated solution of India Health Care (IHC), the School Education Management System (SEMS), Beneficiary Monitoring System (BMS), Village Monitoring System (VMS) & Accounts.
This application enables the effective distribution of the benefit schemes to tribals through the Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA). It also monitors various activities of village level entities and functionaries such as ashram schools, community health workers (CHW) / ANMs and agriculture development coordinators, and identifies a village's requirements through the village tribal development agencies.
The system retrieves data from MPHS data and filters data for health, beneficiary, education and village level information. The various health-related services and information about school children is captured using personal digital assistant (PDA), a pocket computer from which the data is transferred to a desktop computer. Using this data, various reports can be generated and be given to the corresponding statistical officials
The objectives of TWIMS are:
- To capture the information about village population like infrastructure, agriculture
- To identify tribal beneficiaries
- To monitor various village level entities and functionaries
- To facilitate the follow-up of beneficiaries applications for the schemes and scheme proposals
- To monitor the basic needs of tribal people, including health, education and various schemes relating to the tribal people
- To automate the ITDA office file system and accounting system thus enabling the smooth function of the ITDA office.
- To generate various reports, such as report on funds utilisation on each scheme; report on agriculture information; report on monitoring of self-help groups; evaluation reports on VTDAs; and report on work sanctions, work executed, funds allotted and amount spent.
School Education Management System (SEMS): This modules deals with child education activities, focusing on performance, regularity of school-going children, identifying children who are irregular and drop-outs and bring them back to school by providing incentives. This system also identifies those who are un-enrolled and those who have not attained schoolgoing age, so that future assessment becomes easier.
Beneficiary Monitoring System (BMS): ITDA enables effective distribution of the benefit schemes for the development of the tribal population.
Village Monitoring System (VMS): Analysing the available resources in vllages for effective utilisation through village level functionaries like VTDAs. This system helps close monitoring of development activities.
Accounts: The system is user-friendly and GUI-based application for complete accounting transactions of ITDA
The functions of the TWIMS application:
- Name-based system for monitoring family welfare activities
- Name-based system for monitoring beneficiaries
- Name-based system for monitoring child education, performance
- Attendance monitoring of children and teachers
- Monitoring village level functionaries like VTDA, VSS
- School health programme
- Complete system for ITDA accounts
Technical architecture, hardware and software platforms
TWIMS is based on decentralised client-server architecture in order to facilitate independent functioning of all units. Information flows from lower units to higher ones. Senior officers can consolidate information at higher units from time to time for analysis and decision-making.
A Pentium server located at the ITDA office, Pentium processor client at the grassroots level, to run in a Windows environment with Oracle for the database. The application has been developed on Microsoft Visual Basic.
TWIMS hardware / software profile
|Hardware – server||Compaq Proliant|
|Operating system – server||Windows NT/2000 Server|
|RDBMS – server||Oracle 9i|
|Hardware – client||Compaq Deskpro|
|Operating system – client||Windows 2000 Professional|
|RDBMS – client||Oracle 8i /9i|
|Hardware – client (mobile)||Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC H3850|
|Operating system – client (mobile)||Windows CE|
|RDBMS – client (mobile)||ADO databases|
|Application software||Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Embedded Visual Basic 3.0|
|Programming languages||Visual Basic 6.0, EVB 3.0|
- Gives details about villages including infrastructure, agriculture, animal husbandry, health, nutrition, school information and thrift (women's group activity).
- Monitors various village level development parameters.
- Identifies tribal beneficiaries and the follow-up process of their applications under various schemes and proposals in a systematic manner.
- Enables the smooth functioning of the ITDA office.
- Generates various reports on funds utilisation on each scheme, agriculture information, monitoring of self-help group, evaluation report on VTDAs and report on work sanctions, work executed, cost allotted and money spent.
CMC has a specialised core team at our R&D Centre at Hyderabad, working for development and enhancements of TWIMS.
Indicative client list
Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA), Adilabad, department of tribal welfare, government of Andhra Pradesh
For further information please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-22-6781 1000 / 01 / 02