Treasury Management System
KHAJANE computerises all the treasuries in the state and connects them to a central server at the secretariat through a satellite-based VSAT system. It provides regular updates about government expenditure and receipts to the central server. It is an efficient funds management system for the state, and helps exercise budget control over all expenditures against allotments.
The application enables governments to process and render accounts faster and more easily. It can help bring about a more transparent and accountable system of financial transactions, as well as enforce discipline in operations and management, resulting in efficiency and cost savings. Since a single application runs in the entire state, it brings in common procedures for all activities in the state. All the data that is common for the entire state is maintained at the central server, unifying the codification scheme for all items and introducing a uniformity in data. It rejects any data not approved / maintained by the central server, eliminates duplication of data entry, puts an end to accounts maintenance by individual treasuries and enables uniform replication of modified data at the central server. The application is password protected and enables a user-defined access function. It also maintains a user-wise transaction log.
KHAJANE handles the following functions on a day-to-day basis:
- Budget allocation and expenditure control against the allotment details
- Ways and means instructions are captured in the central server, and control the passing of any expenditure transaction in any treasury in the state
- Maintenance of a bill process log for the entire payment transaction
- Pay order generation through the system
- Online cheque printing
- Easier paid-cheque reconciliation with the bank
- Anytime information on total payments in the state
- Online receipts details with updated zilla parishad and taluka panchayat balances
- Challan information linking various modules (stamps, OAP, payments, deposits, etc)
- Automatic generation of treasury transfer receipts
- Only approved challans are accounted
- Information on the total receipts in the state
- Easy tracking of account details, those routed through the agency bank as well as those routed through the treasury
- Bill / cheque process log for the instrument's life cycle
- Online information on account balances
- Complete payment and receipt transactions on accounts recorded
- Interest calculation and signature display online
- Lapsed deposits and revival of lapsed deposits
- Maintenance of savings bank account details
- Stamps inventory information is maintained online
- Inter-treasury unit transactions and transactions with the printing press are recorded
- Strongroom details are captured
- Costed / not costed item inventory
- Item / stamps transactions
- Information on the destruction of obsolete stamps
- Embossing of documents
- Capture and maintenance of the pension payment order details
- Pension payment based on frequency of pension release
- Online validation for pension bills
- Arrears calculation for pension revisions
- Automatic conversion of enhanced family pension to normal family pension
- Pensioner status information
- Up-to-date pension expenditure information
Old age pension
A social welfare scheme floated by the government for financial pension payment details from the treasury to retired government staff:
- Capture of sanction order details
- Online generation of bills / money orders / cheques
- Up-to-date pension expenditure information
- Automatic status updates on expiry of sanction order
- Updated pensioner status
- It generates state-wise / district-wise MIS reports from the central server.
- Availability of integrated information at any point of time from a central place
Technical architecture, hardware and software platforms
- Hardware - servers: Sun Ultra Sparc II as central server; Intel Pentium III 600 MHz CPUs at talukas and districts.
- Operating system: Sun Solaris at the central server, SCO-Unix at the district level and Windows 2000 at the taluka level.
- System software: D2K as front-end, Oracle 8i as the RDBMS.
- Application software: Client-server application with partially distributed database architecture.
- Programming language: SQL
- Network topology: LAN at the local units. WAN on VSAT for connecting the treasury sites.
- Disaster recovery technology: Oracle standby database technology.
- Security features: Password-based and role-based access to functions.
- No direct competitive product
- Can be replicated for any state. It can also be replicated in the international market
- The treasury can do away with multiple manual entries and truckloads of cheques and challans
- Timely payments to pensioners
- Frauds and overdraws become almost a thing of the past
- Efficient budgetary control
- Online information for faster decision-making by the state government
CMC has strong treasury domain experience. This is the largest project online till date in this area.
Indicative client list
- Karnataka state treasury
- Madhya Pradesh state treasury
- West Bengal state treasury
For further information please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-22-6781 1000 / 01 / 02