Organisations with strong distribution networks constantly need to optimize delivery methodologies and instantly respond to market dynamics, in order to be a reckoning force in the ever competitive business scenario. This calls for business process reengineering, leading to a change management process in the organization and distribution network. The process of implementing the change in the quickest possible time, with excellence in quality, helps client's business to sustain their leadership in the market.
CMC has been associated with major clients in FMCG and Retail sectors, executing significant projects, most of the times the solution is spread across different geographies both nationally and internationally. In depth understanding of business processes, workflows and IT Landscape (Distributor Management Solution, Sales force automation Solutions, Retail Billing and ERP applications) in Retail and FMCG environment has enabled CMC to emerge as the leading service partner with many FMCG clients for all their IT initiatives. The knowhow of the field requirements & intricacies, innovative delivery methodologies and strong project management skills has enabled CMC to be the partner of choice for Distributor/Retail Store Rollout, Business application and IT Infrastructure Support services for the frontline leaders in the industry.
Our presence in the vast Indian geography with a wide footprint service network, availability of skilled resources with domain expertise, focused business unit for training, content development, countrywide network of training centers, huge experience in infrastructure services, process driven delivery methodologies, experience in handling large and complex projects has uniquely positioned CMC to address the IT requirement of Retail and FMCG organizations. Time tested and effective handholding services of CMC have resulted & a higher adoption rate of new business processes and IT applications.
Service Offerings for the Retail & FMCG Industry
- Initial Learning Programs
- eLearning Content Development
- Class Room Training and User/Participant Certification
- Site Readiness Audit
- Device Staging Services
- Application Deployment & User Handholding
- Helpdesk Services
C) Infrastructure Support
- Remote Management Services
- Facility Management Services
- AMC Services
- Asset Management Services
- OEM/ASP/vendor management
- FRU (field Replaceable Unit) and Spare management Services
D) Data Analytics
- CMC Retail Industry analysts track over 900 retail companies in US and tag and more than 20 critical data points from various structured and unstructured data sources.
E) Application Development & Maintanence Services
- Application Development
- Application Maintenance & Support
- Managing Application SLA
- Change Management and Defect Fixes
F) ERP Services
- Pre Implementation Services
- Implementation Services
- Post Implementation Services
G) Testing Services
- Setting up Testing Practices / Testing Consultancy
- Test Planning
- Managing Complete Life cycle of Testing Process
- Functional / Non Functional Testing / User Acceptance Testing
- Test Automation
Service offerings in detail are as below
Initial Learning Programs
In-depth exposure to Retail and FMCG domain has enabled CMC to custom develop training programs for fresh joinee in Retail Store or FMCG Distributor. Process, Technology and Soft Skills training to front end Sales personnel, Back office users, Computer Operators and Sales management team can be administered in a structured manner by effectively using this program. These programs help the organizations to quickly enable the fresh entrants and make them productive.
e-Learning Content Development
Preparation of Learning Aids, Teaching Aids, such as Courseware development, Quick Service guides, Presentation files, CBT (Computer Based Tutorial) development. Course materials serve as very good tool for comprehension of the information shared by the trainer in the classroom. Computer Based Tutorial (CBT) will help in understanding of the information with voice over, while navigating the application. Focus training manuals will provide detailed information while the Quick reference guides serve as a ready reckoner for immediate reference of the material.
Class Room Training and User/Participant Certification
Scheduling class room based training; conducting instructor led training using learning aids and teaching aids will help end user to comprehend quickly the shared information thereby enabling the organizations to cascade effectively the process and technology changes and improvements to all the users in quickest time. CMC has developed portal based, very flexible learning evaluation solutions which will help the client to ascertain the knowledge level of the participants and effectiveness of the training. Calendar based reinforcement trainings or custom training for a target group of laggards can be carried out as an outcome of user certification process.
Site Readiness Audit
CMC will prepare a “Questionnaire” for Site audit, based on its previous project experience and Knowledge Transfer so that relevant information is captured from the user sites for proper planning of the training and deployment activities. Based on the results of site audit, a gap analysis will be done. Initial analysis will help in understanding the real situation in the field, prevailing gap and bridging measures.
Device Staging Services
CMC will help the client and act as an enabler at various stages in the device lifecycle: From device procurement to dispatch of the device to the dealers/sales personnel/end user, as per SLA.
- Device Health Check (Procurement Acceptance)
- Device readiness
- Pre requisite application installation and configuration
- Business specific application installation
- Device dispatch and user acceptance
Application Deployment & User handholding
CMC has been continually improvising and custom generating deployment methodologies based on individual client environment. Rich knowledge of challenges and remedial measures for application deployment and handholding has put CMC in a strong position to address the varied client situations. Listed below are few of the activities streamlined for effective deployment and handholding.
- Pre Implementation check through email / telephone
- Data cleansing, Validation followed with Data Migration / Porting
- Installation & Configuration of Business Application
- Enabling connectivity with Central Server and testing functionality
- Enabling Application “Go Live” and Post Launch Support by assist Usage and handholding for initial operation. Desk side Troubleshooting and solutions will be provided to ensure continuity of usage of new technology and process.
CMC’s Helpdesk Services is aimed at providing a single point-of-contact for all your organizational support requirements regarding your IT infrastructure and business applications. Our skilled and proficient helpdesk team is equipped with the necessary knowledge and expertise in resolving technical issues with the service levels. In addition, the helpdesk team has access to a rich knowledge bank that addresses known issues for which solutions are published in the knowledge base. This results in lowering the resolution time and thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
CMC can customize Helpdesk services based on clients requirement. Some of the features of Service desk that can be offered to the client are
- Redundant active-active service delivery infrastructure to avoid single point-of-failure
- Redundant network infrastructure – routers, switches, firewalls
- Network connectivity from 2 service providers
- Automated, measured high-available voice solution for better response to end user requests
- Dual service providers for voice
- Best-of-breed tools implemented in high availability for service desk, monitoring and remote support
- Flexibility to scale-up and scale-out operations
- Provide 24x7 including holidays support and priority user/VIP service as identified by client
- The host of services as enumerated in industry best practice namely ITIL can be offered. Below listed are some of the basic services typically sought after by clients.
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Handling Service requests
- Knowledge base management
- Multi level Support
- Multi lingual support
C) Infrastructure Support
Today’s organizations are increasingly dependent on IT infrastructure and services to meet their business goals. As your organization grows and evolves, management of the complex and often heterogeneous systems and networks becomes a challenge. Added to this, there is a constant demand on the IT team to provide high quality support services that are matched to the business needs and user requirements. Maintaining internal, skilled, efficient resources to meet the demanding needs of end user support in a cost-effective manner has therefore become a major challenge. A better alternative would be to entrust your technical help desk and business application support services to an experienced and established service provider like CMC, who can ensure delivery of quality support services at optimized costs.
CMC’s approach to service delivery is based on industry-standard best practices. CMC has adopted ITIL, which is the de-facto industry standard for IT services management. CMC has trained and certified resources in ITIL and can help your organization incorporate ITIL-based processes in providing help desk services.
Remote Management Services
Remote support services enable the Helpdesk analysts to take control of the end user's computer and get a firsthand knowledge of the problem and provide resolution. Gaining quick and secure access to remote systems will result in quick diagnosis of the problem and speedy resolution resulting in greater satisfaction to the end user while saving significant cost of on site visit to the client. It will also enable team collaboration to resolve complex issues
CMC employs industry leading Remote management tools with required features considering the client needs. The scope of remote support services include the following.
- Providing Business Application usage support
- Providing resolution for Business application problems
- Remote Installation of Business application
- Providing Peripheral device support
- Providing remote training on Business application
Asset Management Services
CMC will deploy industry standard business Asset management solutions to provide the following asset related services
- Maintain up-to-date information of the end user computing assets of the client by tracking the inventory, movement and changes.
- Consolidating and updating inventory information of assets
- Tracking movement of these assets and maintaining the information in a database
- Base-lining the inventory and configuration information of assets
- Tracking changes to the asset configurations
- Maintain contract/warranty/license information of Business application software and hardware assets
- Generate reports on asset inventory, tracking, configuration and warranty information
Vendor Management Services
For those clients who engage CMC for FM services and maintaining a direct contract with OEM/ASP vendors for AMC services, CMC can offer vendor management, FRU & Spare management Services.
CMC’s vendor management services include the following deliverables
- Act as a point of contact and co-ordinate with GHPL vendors to ensure the quick restoration of services under the scope of the vendor
- Notifying / escalating incidents to vendor for resolution
- Tracking incident status with vendor
- Co-ordinate replacement of faulty components with spares
- Monitoring vendor performance and reporting
FRU (field Replaceable Unit) and Spare management Services
With highly penetrated Service network footprint in Indian geography CMC is well positioned to support clients for replacement of faulty equipment or parts. This will help clients to reduce MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) the faulty IT Hardware and in turn enable high availability of It services to business users. CMC’s FRU and Spare management Services include the following deliverables
- Provide FRU and Spare device storage locations at geographically strategic points across the country to address quick movement of FRUs or spares to Retail Stores or Distributor locations.
- Maintain the inventory details at Storage points. Replenishment of depleted FRUs and Spares to meet the threshold levels.
- Provide troubleshooting and testing environment for AMC/ASP resolution team.
- Act as a centre for ensuring transit damage free logistics movement of IT equipment.
D) Data Analytics
CMC analyzes financial data across a wide spectrum of industries, through a team of financial experts and powerful in house tools that enable accurate representation of the data appropriately normalized that help trading and investment professionals take crucial investment decisions. CMC Retail Industry analysts track over 900 retail companies in US and tag and more than 20 critical data points from various structured and unstructured data sources. The work is delivered from 3 GDCs, Mumbai, Hangzhou and Kolkata. All the data is analysed through two interactive workflow applications. Both Quantitative and Qualitative data are captured. Data is tagged both product and geographical segment wise.
Some of the key data points tagged are as follows
- Same Store Sales- Quantitative
- Same Store Sales- Qualitative Note
- Units Sales Growth- Qualitative note
- Ticket Qualitative note
- Same Store Sales Gas Effect- Qualitative Note
- Same Store Sales Foreign Exchange Effect
- Same Store Sales Cannibalization Effect
- Inventory per Store Growth- Qualitative Note
- Same Store Sales Food Inflation/Deflation Effect - Qualitative Note
- Unit Sales Growth
E) Application Development and Maintenance Services
CMC’s offers a range of System Integration, IT enabled services, Infrastructure Management and Education and Training related services. We offer various types of Application development / maintenance services ranging for custom development, bespoke development, Pure Turnkey solutions and other kinds of projects may typically utilize a combination of the following Services on a single Project through their lifecycles:
- Software Development Life Cycle Management
- Mobile Application Development & Support.
- Web Portal and Website Development & maintenance
- Enterprise Application and Legacy system integration
- Application and Data Migration for Technology Upgrade
- End – End BI services ranging from Business Analysis to building EIS, Business warehouses, data marts, data silos and BI applications using latest software BI tools.
- Custom solutions on various third party products like Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft SharePoint, Alfresco, Pentaho, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, SugarCRM, Salesforce, facebook, etc.
- Independent Validation and Verification Services ( IV & V) / Testing Services
- GPS Based Solution
- Biometric, PKI and RFID based Solutions
- DBA and system Admin Support / System performance monitoring and Tuning
- E-Commerce and E-Governance Solutions
- Systems, Kernel, Socket and Device Driver Programming
- Business and Knowledge Process Outsourcing
- Quality Implementation for Projects and Products
F) ERP Services
CMC's ERP practice breeds best-in-class enterprise applications and technology, and provides services in process modeling, application evaluation and selection, development/implementation and support.
Leveraging highly skilled resources across industries and applications, we can quickly deliver smart and innovative enterprise solutions. We bring forth extensive skills in process redesign, change management and implementation of enterprise application software from:
- Oracle Apps,
- Baan (INFOR)
- Axapta (Microsoft Business Solutions).
Over the years, CMC's ERP Practice has acquired deep industry expertise, operational excellence and technical depth to provide actionable insights and proven solutions that address their business objectives. The nature of services that CMC offers in the ERP space includes:
For a successful ERP implementation, Management of Objectives is essential. CMC provides methods and procedures to identify and define business objectives, and to reach these objectives during the ERP implementation.
Using a strategy of Business Process Analysis, CMC helps define these objectives. Based on this, relevant business processes are determined and KPIs are assigned to each performance objective. This enables measurement of a business process
Measurements are carried out for the current environment and benchmarks are set. These measurable objectives form the reference point of the implementation process and help in achieving a faster ROI.
CMC will also help design the System Landscape, which includes sizing the hardware and network, and offer various options for the same.
CMC consultants work with the client to develop quantifiable business cases, which ensure the right deliverables, and goals are planned and achieved through implementation. In addition, a clear road map is developed so milestones and goals are well defined and on the appropriate timetable.
CMC follows a well-structured methodology for implementation of ERP packages. The methodology is structured around the following phases:
- Configuration & Customization
- Data Migration
CMC uses tools and templates to ensure the efficacy of each phase.
Post an ERP implementation, CMC helps customers obtain optimum value from this business investment. Continuous Business Improvement is imperative and the cornerstone of a successful implementation.
CMC provides multiple models of helpdesk support offsite remote, onsite or hybrid. Appropriate service level expectations are set and documented in the form a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for this effort.
G) Application Testing Services
CMC has been providing testing services to clients since 1999. CMC’s testing services range from white box testing involving code inspection, Documentation Reviews to black box testing – independent verification and validation of applications.
CMC engages with clients in various stages of the SDLC – to provide different levels of testing. The following table summarizes the various types of testing in an SDLC, the objective of the testing type, and the engagement levels that CMC has been involved in to address the type of testing. CMC deals with Software Test Consulting and Testing Services.
|Testing Type||Objective ||Testing Level|
|Functional||Verify proper data acceptance, retrieval, processing, business logic||Unit, Integrated|
|Reliability / Robustness||Verify robustness and integrity through –Boundary condition behavior & Integrity of persistent data||Unit, Integrated|
|Business Cycle||Verify periodic / date sensitive activities||System|
|User Interface||Verify Navigation, use of access methods, consistency, feedback||Unit, Integrated|
|Security & Access Control||Verify role based access control / authentication / data security||System|
|Failover & Recovery||Verify system behavior in failure conditions||System|
|Portability||Verify system behavior in different platforms (OS / DB/ Browsers / Web servers)||System|
|Installation||Verify new installation, upgrade version||System|
|Load / Volume||To determine and ensure that the system functions properly beyond the expected maximum workload||System|
|Performance||To evaluate performance characteristic: Response time||System|
CMC can engage with clients to draw up test strategies, test plans, test monitoring mechanisms, defect categorization determination, and acceptance criteria definition. CMC can engage with clients to carry out independent verification and validation activities including system test case writing, acceptance test case writing, carrying out system testing and carrying out acceptance testing.