Diversity & Inclusion
CMC as an employer has always believed that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work and the lives of our employees. As the workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. CMC is committed to respect this diversity irrespective of any individual differences, which can be broadly classified as ‘Diversity Parameters.’
‘Diversity Parameters’ at CMC include:
|Having or not having dependents||Sexual orientation|
|Religious beliefs||Political opinions|
CMC commits its support to the principles and practice of equal opportunity in employment and understands that it is the duty of the organization and all its associates to ensure that diversity and inclusion are a part of their everyday business. We believe that Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace is a good management practice and makes sound business sense.
CMC is committed to respect this diversity irrespective of any individual differences. CMC’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives originate from a documented policy on Diversity & Inclusion that represents the direction that we are moving forward to implement and sustain our diversity & inclusion initiatives.
Aim of CMC Diversity & Inclusion Policy is to create OPEN, INCLUSIVE AND FLEXIBLE CULTURE.
The concept of Diversity and Inclusion has been integrated with the HR and other processes within CMC.
CMC Senior Management also strives to fully support and uphold the Diversity agenda at all times.
Given below is a quick summary of the Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
CMC’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy is committed to:
- Create a conducive work environment which encourages associates from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to collaborate and work together towards a common objective.
- Ensure that all associates are treated with respect and the CMC value system is not compromised, regardless of individual differences broadly classified as ‘Diversity Parameters.’
- Ensure that CMC HR policies promote diversity and equality in the workplace, as well as ensure compliance with all local labor laws, while encouraging the adoption of international best practices.
- Prevent occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- Take lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate.
- Enable a non discriminatory workplace as per the Tata Code of Conduct and CMC Values.
- Regard all breaches of the ‘Diversity and Inclusion’ policy as misconducts which could lead to Disciplinary proceedings.
Who all are benefitted by the initiatives directed by Diversity & Inclusion Policy?
- All Employees, Business Associates, Contract Consultants (Retainers) and Academic interns who are working with CMC and its subsidiary company.
- This policy is also applicable to CMC's interactions (or dealings) with Job applicants and potential employees, all suppliers and clients of CMC and/or all third parties associated with CMC, either while working at a CMC facility or during any work related interaction with CMC associates.